Sunday, September 21, 2008

Utah Concealed Carry Permit

I just took a class to get the Utah Concealed Carry Permit. A Utah permit is one of the best ones to have, and many organizations throughout the U.S. offer this class. You don't need any prior experience to take the class.

To get a Utah permit, you need the following: the Utah application stamped by a Utah-approved instructor, a fingerprint card (the card should be supplied by your instructor, and if the fingerprints aren't taken during the class, you can get them taken at your local police department), a passport size photo, a photocopy of your driver's license.

Many websites (such as have maps showing which states have reciprocity with yours. Since I am a Virginia resident and have a Virginia permit, the Utah permit gives me an additional nine states where I can legally carry concealed. The Utah permit will be good for five years.

No comments: